The Women in Poker Hall of Fame has inducted 19 women within the poker industry since the inception in 2008.
Among the inductees are legends of the game like Jennifer Harman, Barbara Enright, Linda Johnson, Marsha Waggoner, Kathy Liebert, JJ Liu, and Victoria Coren. Not to mention industry professionals like June Field, Margie Heintz, Phyllis Caro and Deborah Giardina.
Now the candidates for the Class of 2018 have been announced, and it’s a mix of media persons, players and industry leaders. The candidates are:
- Hermance Blum: General Manager WPT Europe
- Mandy Glowgow: WPT Supervising Producer
- Haley Hintze: Poker writer and editor
- Angelica Hael: Global Tour Manager WPT
- Maria Ho: Poker player and TV host/commentator
- Karina Jett: Poker player
- Terry King: WSOP bracelet winner and poker community site admin
- Shirley Rosario: Poker player and blogger
- Kara Scott: Journalist and poker player
- Lupe Soto: Founder of LIPS Tour (Ladies International Poker Series) and Women in Poker Hall of Fame
- Jennifer Tilly: WSOP bracelet winner, actress
In 2016 the public was invited to join the voting process, but this year it’s back to “normal” with a voting panel that consists of – primarily men – from the poker media and industry.
At PokerWomenNews we are not able to cast our vote, but from our point of view all candidates are certainly worthy and qualified for induction.
The new inductees will be announced in May, and the Induction Ceremony will take place on June 26. Read more about the nominees here.